[XML-SIG] RDF Parser -> PyXML

James Tauber jtauber@jtauber.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:15:59 -0400

> Which indicates that the RDF code should be separate, at least until
> it has stabilized and has good reception from users. I don't know
> where Redfoot is on the development curve.

Redfoot should be considered 1.0 beta at the moment but note: the RDF
support we are talking about is only 5% of what Redfoot is.

> Why don't we set Redfoot up as the "redfoot" CVS module and reserve
> the package name xml.rdf for it? (As in, let it require PyXML and
> then install itself to ../site-package/_xmlplus/rdf/.) If a decision
> is made to keep it separate or merge it in later, there are no real
> disruptions for user code. Is this reasonable, or am I off my rocker
> again?

Using the "redfoot" name for this would not be appropriate for the reason I
give above: RDF parsing / serialization is only a tiny part of Redfoot.
Other parts of Redfoot may be appropriate to donate later on but what we're
talking about now is small.

Personally, I don't care whether it is part of PyXML or not. I just want to:
    - make it easier for Python people to use RDF
    - to encourage RDF people to use Python

James