[XML-SIG] RDF Parser -> PyXML

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 23:01:56 +0200

> Catalogs, TREX, XSLT, XPath and so on all meet these criteria while
> RDF does not. RDF has its own parsers, its own data model, its own
> schema language, its own databases and its own everything.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but ... Isn't any RDF description a
well-formed XML document? and don't RDF 'parsers' typically operate on
top of XML parsers? atleast 4RDF seems to operate that way.

That you then perform some processing, further correctness checks and
so on is expected for a specific XML application.

Given that, I'm not so sure I understand what an RDF parser would do
that a plain XML parser with a SAX interface wouldn't.

Regards,
Martin