[XML-SIG] RDF Parser -> PyXML

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@home.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:52:49 -0400

One thing to consider is that a separate effort for pyRDF might have trouble
gaining critical mass - enough developers to really keep it going - if it
were not part of a larger activity like PyXML.  Here's what I suggest.  By
all means let's welcome the RDF contributions into the PyXML fold and CVS.
Keep the RDF code in a separate "rdf" package, not the "xml" package.  The
RDF work should have its own co-captain, I would thnk.  I'm sure Andrew has
more than enough to keep him busy as it is!

Then in the future if the time should come to split off a separate PyRDF
SIG, it will be easy to do so and the XML SIG will have become its proud
parent.

In the meantime, thinking about RDF will be like getting a whole new group
of use cases, whiich could lead to improvements in the mainline xml work
too.

Cheers,

Tom P

Lars Marius Garshol wrote -