[XML-SIG] RDF Parser -> PyXML

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:59:39 -0600

> * Uche Ogbuji
> |
> | James Tauber and I met at XML DevCon and had a good chat.  We agreed
> | that it would be great to get Redfoot's RDF parser into PyXML as a
> | basis for RDF support.  Then both RedFoot and 4RDF could use this as
> | the parser, and build their unique additional functions on top of
> | it.
>
> I would like to see RDF and other things that are not core XML
> functionality kept outside the PyXML package. A PyRDF package might be
> a better solution for both PyXML and all those interested in RDF
> support in Python. SourceForge is there, so it should be easy to set up.

Can you define "core XML"?

My guess is that this is one of those "I know it when I see it" things.  You
don't use RDF, so it's probably harder for you to see it as core XML.  For me,
it's hard to see RDF as anything but core XML.

I also think that your stated standard would tend to exclude large parts of
the current contents of PyXML.

I might be persuaded of your viewpoint, but I'd need to see an argument for
your viewpoint.