[XML-SIG] SAX parser factories (Was: PyTRaX?)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:26:12 -0400 (EDT)

Ken MacLeod writes:
 > Note when extending this beyond just SAX, "properties" were added to
 > SAX a short time after "features" were.  David Megginson later stated
 > that having both was probably redundant, that a property with a value
 > of true or false was effectively the same as a feature.

  I agree, but I also understand why Java programmers might like
having them as distinct things (the old boolean vs. Object static
typing thing).
  For the Python SAX binding, I think we should keep the same
distinction that exists in SAX, but that APIs originating in Python
should unify properties and features, and just call them properties.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations