[XML-SIG] SAX parser factories (Was: PyTRaX?)

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@home.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:02:37 -0400

Martin v. Loewis said -

> I'm not sure whether requiring URIs as configuration keys is such a
> smart idea, anyway. SAX uses that approach, DOM uses simple strings
> (like 'core' or 'mutationevents'). Works equally well, IMO. Even for
> SAX, most Python users probably don't write

I favor short (non-URI) feature names.  Using URIs to get unique strings may
work well when you have the possibility of many people working independently
on many projects accidentally producing name collisions.  I don't thnk that
applies here.  Even if, say, the RDF people duplicated some of our feature
names, it wouldn't matter since they would be used in a different context.

Let's keep them short.

Cheers,

Tom P