[XML-SIG] PyTRaX?

16 Apr 2001 13:25:36 +0200

We now have two XSLT processors usable in Python: 4XSLT and Sablotron,
and it seems that we soon will have another. Is it time to start
thinking about a standardized API to these processors, something along
the lines of TRaX?

I can think of the following areas that might be supported:

 - embedding processors; support for running transformations

 - support for providing structured input (streams, event streams,
   document trees)

 - support for information exchange (error handlers, URI resolvers,
   location information provision etc)

 - support for writing extension elements and functions (difficult)

--Lars M.