[XML-SIG] Python Wrapper for Xerces/Xalan

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:39:57 -0600

> Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> >
> > > Could you provide pointers to Xerces and Xalan ?
> >
> > The starting point is http://xml.apache.org/
> >
> > You'll get http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html and
> > http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/index.html quite rapidly. These are the C++
> > implementations. There are also Java implementations, that could be
> > interesting for users of JPython, since I believe 4Suite is not available
> > on this platform.
>
> Thanks. Those tools look very interesting, but doesn't FourThought
> offer pretty much the same or even a superset of these tools ?

Yes, but I'd be the first to say "the more, the merrier".

I should also note that probably later this year, there will be a new XSLT
processor for Python, anyway.  We have a proof-of-concept on a
compile-to-python processor that simply screams, and we plan to work on it
once we release 4Suite 1.0 and then take care of some business obligations.

4XSLT will move into PyXML as a respectable and very complete processor (if of
mediocre performance), and the "next-gen" 4XSLT (to be renamed) will be
developed in 4Suite 1.1.