[XML-SIG] Python Wrapper for Xerces/Xalan

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:27:26 +0200 (CEST)

> > Are you talking about the same groves that jade, SGML and DSSSL use?
>=20
> The very same. We are building a generic grove-based hyperdocument
> management system. Given a grove implementation, we can both hyperlink
> to it using a generic hyperdocument API (that looks a lot like HyTime
> but is not dependent on the use of HyTime syntax--it can be bound to any
> reasonable way of representing hyperdocuments, from HTML to Micrsoft
> Project).

Cool. As XML is sometimes limited for what we're trying to achieve (that
is hypertext view of the outer world for http://www.logilab.org/narval/),
we've been thinking about implementing groves and HyTime-related things by
ourselves, but haven't got the needed bandwith yet.

Is that available as (pythonic) free software?

> > What do you mean by "XSL and XPath to process arbitrary python objects"=
?
>=20
> We discovered that with just a couple of lines of code, that we could

Nice too. I suppose a lot of people could find uses for it if you were to
contribute it back.

> Where "WordDocument" and ExcelDocument are names defined in the Word and
> Excel property sets that we have privately defined--I don't really
> expect Microsoft to publish formal grove property sets for their
> proprietary formats any time soon.

What makes you think so? ;-)
=20
--=20