[XML-SIG] Python Wrapper for Xerces/Xalan

W. Eliot Kimber eliot@isogen.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:14:58 -0500

> Juergen Hermann wrote:

> > Before we really launch this, I also would like to know who's
> > interested into such a wrapper (I've seen some requests in the past)
> > and also who would be able and willing to contribute (developers,
> > documenters, beta-testers, ...).

We (DataChannel Austin) would definitely be interested--we are building
a Python-based content management system that, among other things, lets
us apply XSLT styles to hyperdocuments (of any sort, not just XLink).
Putting Xalan as a back end is something we were going to do (just be
lauching a separate Java process), but being able to more tightly
integrate it with our overall Python framework would be very handy.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, we have modified the pyXML and the
4Suite XSLT and XPath stuff to allow us to process arbitrary groves and
arbitrary Python objects with XSL. We would like to contribute our
changes back but haven't had the bandwidth yet to properly package
things up. But we will as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Eliot

W. Eliot Kimber | Lead Brain

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX  78752
    T 512.656.4139 |  F 512.419.1860 | eliot@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m