[XML-SIG] Python Wrapper for Xerces/Xalan

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:21:28 +0200

Juergen Hermann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We consider doing a wrapper for Xerces and Xalan as an OS project. One
> question is where to host it:
>
>         1. Own SourceForge project
>         2. Part of PyXML
>         3. Part of Xerces / Xalan projects
>
> 3 is unlikely. Option 2 seems not too clever, since installing Xerces
> and Xalan are extra steps anyway, and I doubt anyone seriously wants to
> include them in a standard PyXML distribution.

I'd suggest 1 and using a distutils setup so that installation
becomes a breeze.

> Working title for the project would be "pirxx" (Python InteRface to
> Xalan and Xerces, anyone who has read Stanislaw Lem should know where
> the name comes from).

Isn't that name already taken by Christian Tismer ;-)

> Before we really launch this, I also would like to know who's
> interested into such a wrapper (I've seen some requests in the past)
> and also who would be able and willing to contribute (developers,
> documenters, beta-testers, ...).

Could you provide pointers to Xerces and Xalan ?

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg