[XML-SIG] xpath (4xpath) and CDATA

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:02:44 -0400 (EDT)

Rich Salz said:
 > Fred and I disagree about the interepretation of the Xpath spec, so for
 > now my changes just treat a CDATA identically to a text node.

Martin v. Loewis responded:
 > Does that really work? Shouldn't multiple text nodes be combined with
 > any CDATA sections before doing any processing?

  I think it's a matter of "better than it was before", and I think
better than the change that Rich described to me in email.  I'm not
sufficiently familiar with the code to the "right thing", and don't
have any particular expectation that I'll have time to pursue this
myself.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>