[XML-SIG] "Borrowed" tests

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 22:37:52 -0600

I just noticed that in the transition from 4Suite to PyXML, the "borrowed"
test for 4DOM went missing.

I've long had the practice of placing test cases based on bug reports or
examples provided by others into a "test_suite/borrowed" directory.  I think
this is useful, and important to distinguish from the "canned" tests.

If these are worth keeping, where should we put them?

I can find the old "borrowed" test for 4DOM, but should I check them in to
PyXML?  If so, where?  "test/dom/borrowed"? "test/dom/use_case"?

These are especially important for when 4XPath/4XSLT migrate into PyXML, since
some of the best testing of 4XSLT comes from examples culled from the twisted
minds on xml-sig.

Thoughts?