[XML-SIG] Changes in pyexpat.c

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:28:23 -0400 (EDT)

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > I'm not sure. The wstring type has been removed from CVS a while ago -
 > I don't know whether the package ever worked without any kind of

  I was never aware that the wstring material was actually used in
PyXML, other than being present.  Well, given Andrew's comments, I'll
not worry about 1.5.2 compatibility either.
  Since we're not worrying about pre-2.0 versions, perhaps pyexpat
should be removed?  It's in the core library, and the only thing that
PyXML should need to pick it up is the xml.parsers.expat module.

 > I did a source comparison, and I believe it were just formatting
 > changes, and a restructuring of the logic. I'd appreciate a
 > confirmation of the kind "no, the two were equivalent", or, "how dare
 > you killing the foobar feature". A second eye would also help...

  If you still think it needed, I'll take a look Thurday or Friday.

 > Ok. OTOH, if I get feedback on things I broke, I could well release
 > 0.6.2 by next Monday... it's not that I'll run out of natural numbers
 > anytime soon :-)

  The issue is that Python 2.0b2 will say that 0.6.1 is sufficient.
I'd like to make that work.  A couple of iterations of testing is
worth the time it takes.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>