[XML-SIG] Location of feature names

25 Sep 2000 09:11:17 +0200

* Martin v. Loewis

| To get at the symbolic name of a SAX2 reader feature or property (such
| as feature_namespaces, which is symbolic for
| http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces), you currently have to import
| them from xml.sax.handler.
|
| Is that the official place for these things, or should they be
| available through xml.sax?

The reason they are where they are now is that Paul placed them there,
and I suspect that in the rush to get things done before the release
he didn't think it through very clearly.  Certainly I never found the
time to do so this time around.

| I don't mind either way; however, if this is not changed before
| 2.0b2 freeze date, I guess xml.sax.handler effectively *becomes* the
| official place.

xml.sax is a bit more natural, perhaps, but now that the freeze date
_is_ past I guess you're right.

--Lars M.