[XML-SIG] Status

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 22:37:36 +0200

> That is right.  However, I guess we could extend the current support
> to recognize file objects (that is, objects with a 'read' attribute)
> and make it support those as well.
>
> Otherwise, you can use InputSource to perform the same functions.
>
> I'll make a patch for this.

Don't worry about that; patch 101634 has that function (as well as a
number of other bug fixes).

I've also installed the following bug fixes:

- Makefile.in: install xml/parsers, not xml/parser
- test_sax.py: Don't assume that test.xml[.out] is in the current directory.

> I'm working on adding that method now and will try to do so before I
> commit this thing.  Advice on whether the method should be added
> together with this patch or whether I should make it a separate patch
> would be welcome.

If you are reasonably certain that it at least compiles and does not
otherwise break anything unless actually used --- then I'd say just
check it in.

I still had preferred if these features (EntityResolver, DTDHandler)
wouldn't not be rushed into Python 2.0, 6 hours before the deadline of
the last beta release...

Regards,
Martin