[XML-SIG] Signature of startElement

19 Sep 2000 11:18:40 +0200

* Martin v. Loewis

| Well, if you manage to change this *quickly*, you have my support :-)
|
| Anything that works is fine with me - it does not need to be elegant,
| it must be consistent, and it must be available RSN. Why don't you
| just post a snapshot patch now?

I can try to post a patch tonight, although that will not have been
tested against Python 2.0, since I don't have it on my system.

Question is: what is the recommended way to post a patch?

| [startElement / startElementNS]
|
| Sounds good. The next question then is: which of those should be
| invoked by the parsers, under what circumstances?

This depends on the namespaces feature, which can be set in the
constructor of some drivers, and can be changed through the setFeature
method before parsing begins. (See feature_namespaces in handlers.py.)

--Lars M.