[XML-SIG] XML for Python 2

Paul prescod@prescod.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:07:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Paul Prescod writes:
>  > decision on whether to document pulldom
>
>   Perhaps you could described in a short message to the SIG what the
> differences are?  We could each look at the code, but a paragraph that
> describes the differences might be the easiest for everyone to digest.
> (You've probably done this already & I've just forgotten; a pointer
> into the archive or resend should be fine in that case.)

Are you asking: "What is PullDOM and how does it relate to SAX?" If so,
here are some references:

http://www.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2000-June/004205.html
http://www.xml.com/pub/r/PullDOM_and_MiniDOM
http://www.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2000-June/004223.html
http://www.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2000-June/004274.html
http://www.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2000-May/003942.html
http://www.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2000-May/003947.html
http://www.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2000-May/003987.html
http://www.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2000-May/004013.html

The point of PullDOM is that a person who is fairly familiar with XML and
Python should be able to get up and running in 10 minutes. Although it is
not as convenient as other APIs I have used (and developed) it should be
efficient enough and powerful enough for almost any application. More
convenient layers (particularly dispatchers) can be built on top and
compete for inclusion in 2.1 or whatever.

>  > overall documentation
>
>   What sort of documentation were you thinking of here?  Is this
> something other than module reference material?

No, I'm talking about the module reference. It needs to document all of
our final decisions.

 Paul