[XML-SIG] SAX2 in python20b1 usable?

Paul prescod@prescod.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:47:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> > Have you read the rest of this thread?  Look at the post by Lars, the
> > second message in the thread.  He explains that the SAX2 doesn't
> > really work, after a problem report by a user.
>
> Yes, but I'm still in the dark as to what he meant by "does not really
> work". Paul said it really works. If you want, I can say that too :-)
>
> So I really like to see code that should work but doesn't (true bug
> reports, so to speak).

I looked into it further this morning and I did find some bugs. Minidom
uses a slightly different part of the API than some other SAX users might,
so I wasn't seeing them. I've sent patches in now. I think it would be
worthwhile to apply them now for immediate use even if Lars is working on
more far-reaching stuff.

 Paul