[XML-SIG] Uniform interface with Python 2.0

Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:38:05 +0200

> > It's not SAX compatible, though, is it?
>
> We're defining SAX: for Python.

Yes, but users will expect that basic methodology is similar across
languages, won't they? If not, we could say "the native xmlproc API is
SAX for Python", yet it still would not be SAX. Essentially, you can
*not* arbitrarily define SAX.

> > In SAX, I'd expect to create a
> > reader object using some out-of-scope operation, then invoke
> > setContentHandler() on this object. I think that should be supported
> > somehow.
>
> That's totally supported it just isn't the default way to do things. It
> puts the emphasis on the parser when the programmer's emphasis is
> typically on their XML file and their handler.

But does it also support setting an error handler?

> We could add make_parser for those situations but it isn't
> personally my first priority. You could submit a patch.

I will.

Regards,
Martin