[XML-SIG] Uniform interface with Python 2.0

Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:27:58 +0200

> > Alternatively, in Python 2.0, you can write
> >
> > import xml.sax
> > xml.sax.parse(file, MyHandler())
>
> Right. That's the better way to do it.

It's not SAX compatible, though, is it? In SAX, I'd expect to create a
reader object using some out-of-scope operation, then invoke
setContentHandler() on this object. I think that should be supported
somehow.

What was wrong with sax2utils.make_parser() to not include it in
Python 2?

> I believe the plan is to have PyXML merely add things to the Python 2
> XML module without removing anything, but PyXML has not been made 2.0
> compatible yet.

Sounds good.

Regards,
Martin