Fw: [XML-SIG] consolidation?

Frank J.S. Chen frank63@ms5.hinet.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:01:09 -0000

> If you don't want to learn xmlproc, then just don't. I just completed
> writing a book on Python that also talks about XML, and I did not
> mention the xmlproc API with a single line of text - I claim there
> only is SAX and DOM in Python.

That's the point too. I am planning to write a Chinese book to intruduce
XML processing with Python, but xmlproc is a very important parser
in PyXML package, and cannot leave it just alone. But if I describe
the original xmlproc API, readers will get confused because its not
being consistent with SAX 2.0. So I have such an opinion in xmlproc.
The only way to do is omit the xmlproc specific APIs and focus
on drivers layers, just like you did. "To learn or Not to learn" will not
be my point:-).

> core.py is not part of the PyXML CVS anymore; 4DOM now is. In
> addition, Python 2.0 includes minidom, which also appears to be fully
> compatible.
> In any case: What was your specific complaint about core.py?

I am out-of-dated!
It doesn't matter anymore.

Frank Chen