Fw: [XML-SIG] consolidation?

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:08:35 -0600

> > Which method ? I've been using 4DOM for several months now, using the API
> > spec from the W3C as a documentation, and never encountered any method in
> > the spec that was not defined in 4DOM. The only trick I found is that
> > there is no DocumentTraversal class, because everything already is in
> > Docuement.
> >
> > On the other hand, I've been mainly using DOM core and DOM traversal, so
> > maybe there are issues I have not been able to notice ?
>
> But I mean the underlying "core.py", not 4DOM, I know 4DOM has full
> features defined
> in DOM Level One&Two, but 4DOM is more complicated than core.py, so I think
> need to realize
> core.py first. As I read and used the code, I found this problem, and
> stopped for a good while.

What is core.py?

> By the way, 4DOM has RedHat .rpm and Windows versions, but there seems no
> ..tgz version,
> I can use Windows version, like 4XSLT, but not on Slackware.

There is.  See ftp://ftp.fourthought.com/pub/4Suite/

All the tgzs are right in that dir, as well as the 20000727 bug-fix patch.

We're closing in hard on a new release, using distutils and consolidating the
various packages.  Fingers crossed for release today.

> PS.4XSLT cannot deal with XML documents with multiple-bytes encoding?

What problem do you see?  We use expat for parting, so it has to come in as
UTF-8 or ISO-8859.  The same for output, using the PyXML wstring tools.  So we
don't support Shift-JIS or anything like that, but you should be able to do
whatever you need through UTF-8.

Is UTF-8 not working for you?  We do have some output encoding bugs we've
fixed for the upcoming release.