[XML-SIG] Uniform interface with Python 2.0

Paul prescod@prescod.net
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 12:49:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com wrote:
> Actually, 4DOM (which comes with PyXML) is just minidom's "big brother".  It
> is a conscious decision to migrate.  minidom probably isn't yet in the PyXML
> CVS because Paul has been busy with the Python 2.0 work.

Actually, it turns out that I've been more busy with a new job, a move
across the country (yes, U-Haul is a moving adventure!), and a new
edition of a book. Python 2 hasn't got enough attention either: I hope to
fix that this weekend. I have some known bugs that I need to fix and test
suites to write so that we won't have any more in the future.

>  It should go into
> the PyXML distro soon so that people can use minidom in all cases, and can
> migrate to 4DOM if they need to.

I'll think about this. If you need Python to use PyXML, what's the point
of putting minidom in both places?

 Paul Prescod