[XML-SIG] Quotes example PyXML-0.6.1 seems to ignore DTD?

Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:52:51 -0400

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 09:34:12PM +0200, Joakim Hove wrote:
>    # Enforce the use of the Expat parser, because the code needs to be
>    # sure that the output will be UTF-8 encoded.
>    p=saxexts.XMLParserFactory.make_parser("xml.sax.drivers.drv_pyexpat")
>but if this is indeed a non-validating parser - then it is somewhat
>misleading to ship the quotations.dtd file - which is actually not
>used.

Correct, Expat is a non-validating parser.  But enforcing the use of
Expat is a hack because at the time only Expat would provide UTF-8
output.  Probably that hack is no longer necessary with Python 2.0,
since it could just feed a Unicode string to xmlproc, which is a
validating parser, and then convert to the desired output encoding.
I'll add it to my stack of things to do.

--amk