[XML-SIG] Re: How to proceed

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:58:14 -0400 (EDT)

Lars Marius Garshol writes:
 > Does this belong in the XML-SIG package?  I think it does, but it
 > would be nice to have feedback.

  I think so.  I think of PyXML as a fairly substantial package that
provides all sorts of general XML-related support that is useful for a
wide range of applications, but might not be included in the "core"
support packaged with Python.  Andrew described it as an "omnibus"
package in the early days of PyXML, and I think that's a good
description.  The only thing I'd like to see changed in that regard is
that development may be better off within PyXML rather than using
separate CVS repositories for components (xmlproc, 4DOM, etc.), so
that changes get broader testing a little earlier.  Now that the CVS
is on SourceForge that makes more sense than when it was on Andrew's
machine.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>