[XML-SIG] How to proceed

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:03:13 +0200

> My idea for saxlib is that it should be a toolkit with SAX 2.0-related
> add-ons. I didn't really intend for it to contain SAX 2.0 itself, just
> useful drivers, filters and similar kinds of utilities.

And I see that I was just confusing it with saxutils, sorry - there is
no need to synchronize saxlib with Python 2.0 [as that has no
xml.sax.saxlib].

For xml.sax.saxlib, there is then only the backwards compatibility
concern with SAX1 - we probably have to support the SAX1 classes in
saxlib as long as people have SAX1 applications.

Regards,
Martin