[XML-SIG] the faster way to get a dom.

Tue, 17 Oct 2000 01:24:47 +0200

> Are the large documents such that a subset of the DOM would suffice for your
> use?

On another note, does it make a difference to use a different parser?
I don't know whether sgmlop is sophisticated and compatible enough for
the ext.reader functions - I'd be interested to learn whether it makes
any difference, though.

It appears that you can't tell FromXml and friends what parser to use;
if you have PyXML 0.6.1, you can influence choice of parser by setting
the PY_SAX_PARSER environment variable (use
xml.sax,saxexts.make_parser() to see whether it really gives you a
sgmlop driver).

Again, it'd be quite interesting to learn about your findings; if you
think something should work but doesn't, we'd like to know as well.

Regards,
Martin