[XML-SIG] PyXML home page on SF

Tue, 17 Oct 2000 01:00:29 +0200

> Should the XML topic guide be moved to a set of pages on
> pyxml.sourceforge.net?  I'm really the only person left who can
> update the topic guide, and having the Web pages accessible through
> CVS would mean more people could keep them up to date.

If you'd be willing to perform the updates, I'd be fine if they stay
on python.org. It is certainly the case that they are more accessible
on SF. I'm not sure what the future of python.org is - if there is a
chance that it gets as open as SF, it would probably be better if such
stuff stays on python.org. I'm a bit worried how long python.org stays
in its current state, though.

> This would require 2 steps: 1) check the pages into CVS, along with
> the required scripts, and 2) set up a redirect from
> www.python.org/topics/xml/ to pyxml.sourceforge.net.

I'm not really sure how to set up CVS-controlled pages on SF, but I
guess others have done that, so I could find out. I certainly agree
that having such a procedure is a prerequisite for moving any
contents. The redirect could happen once the content has moved.

Regards,
Martin