[XML-SIG] Problem parsing the xhtml dtd

Alexandre Fayolle alf@logilab.com
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 23:17:39 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm trying to parse the XHTML dtd () with xmlproc (as of PyXml
0.5.5.1). The python code I use is the following:

from xml.parsers.xmlproc.dtdparser import DTDParser
from xml.parsers.xmlproc.xmldtd import CompleteDTD

parser = DTDParser()
dtd = CompleteDTD(parser)
parser.set_dtd_consumer(dtd)
parser.set_dtd_object(dtd)
parser.parse_resource('xhtml1-strict.dtd')
parser.deref()

I get the following message:

ERROR: xml:space must have exactly the values 'default' and 'preserve' at
xhtml1-strict.dtd:315:47
TEXT: '>

The problem occurs on the following block :

<!ATTLIST style
  %i18n;
  type        %ContentType;  #REQUIRED
  media       %MediaDesc;    #IMPLIED
  title       %Text;         #IMPLIED
  xml:space   (preserve)     #FIXED "preserve" >

The correction involved modifying the last line of the block:
  xml:space   (default|preserve)     #FIXED "preserve" >

Is this a bug in xmlproc or in the W3C DTD ?

--
Alexandre Fayolle
http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" -