[XML-SIG] Q: Any Solaris users that have successfully installed PyXML?

Wed, 4 Oct 2000 12:39:43 -0400

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 09:17:52AM -0700, Brian Fritz wrote:
>Do I have to build Python from source to install the Distutils to install
>the PyXML modules?

If whoever installed Python for you did the job correctly, no, since
the Makefile and Setup should have been installed at that time.  You
don't need to have a complete Python source tree lying around.

Distutils needs /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile
(<prefix>/python1.5/config/Makefile, to be more general), so check if
it's there in your Python installation.  If it is, the Distutils
should work fine.

>Has anyone else been down this path for Solaris and can warn me in advance
>of any more "traps", or suggest shortcuts?

I develop on Solaris part of the time, and there aren't any special
problems that I'm unaware of.

--amk