[XML-SIG] Re: distutils bug with PyXML 0.6.1, Python 2.0b2 (CVS)

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 19:50:19 -0400

On 02 October 2000, Mark Favas said:
> With the current (Oct 2) CVS versions of PyXML and Python (2), running
> "python setup.py install" produces the following glitch: copies all the
> relevant files to /usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/_xmlplus and
> then tries to compile them all. Unfortunatley, it tries to byte-compile
> sgmlop.so, leading to the traceback below. Is this a PyXML mis-setup of
> setup.py or a distutils (Python core version) bug?

D'ohh!  That's a Distutils bug, introduced last night.  Just checked in
a fix -- thanks for the quick report!

BTW, it doesn't matter if you follow the Python CVS or the Distutils
CVS, you'll get my latest code either way.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward                                      gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/