[XML-SIG] DOM documentation update

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:18:58 -0700

"Martin v. Loewis" wrote:

> > > Incorrectly mentioned is namespaceURI for Attr.
> >
> > ???  How is it incorrect?
>
> namespaceURI is defined for Node, not Attr - it is only inherited from
> Node into Attr. No other inherited attributes are ever mentioned in
> the specialized interfaces.

I think it's important to keep this description.  Many attributes
inherited from Node have different meanings for different subclasses.
Notations can be added to the effect that they are subclasses.  I think
rather that the other inherited attributes, especially nodeName and
nodeValue, should be described in every derived class.

Note that the DOM spec describes namespaceURI for attributes.  I think
the DOM spec is a good model of where to do this, and where not to
bother.