[XML-SIG] Error using xml.sax.{xmlreader,expatreader}

Ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:29:15 -0800

> In SAX2, the characters method only has a single argument (besides self),
> so it should be

is there a spec for sax2 somewhere, i browsed around megginson.com and
searched google looking for a clarification, i saw this

http://www.megginson.com/SAX/Java/quick-start.html

which implies the same characters interface as i have been using from an
older version of pyxml.

going through the java code dated 5/00 also implies the same interface.

is this a python deviation, or am i just unable to find the latest spec?

further browsing (sorry if i'm being gratitous, this is just disturbing
to me cause i just standardized on sax2 throughout my application)
yields

the legacy interface
http://www.megginson.com/SAX/Java/javadoc/org/xml/sax/DocumentHandler.html

and the current interface
http://www.megginson.com/SAX/Java/javadoc/org/xml/sax/ContentHandler.html

neither of which shows the characters method defined below.

browsing through my search results on a google, i'm unable to find any
spec or tutorial that shows otherwise.

any doc links or clarifications about the current spec would be greatly
appreciated, also is there any intention of maintaining a legacy sax
interface for older applications?

kapil thangavelu