[XML-SIG] Re: RPM spec file available?

Karl Eichwalder ke@suse.de
27 Nov 2000 11:38:38 +0100

"Martin v. Loewis" <martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> >    %doc ANNOUNCE CREDITS LICENCE MANIFEST MANIFEST.in README README.dom
> >    %doc README.pyexpat README.sgmlop TODO
> >
> >    %doc demo
> >    %doc doc
> >    %doc test

> Can you please elaborate what the effect of these lines in a spec file
> would be?

%doc is a macro expanding to a 'cp' command and adding those copied
files to the %files list automatically.  Pretty handy.  The best way to
install documentation.  The files will end up in %{_defaultdocdir} (or
something) which expand to

    /usr/doc/$PACKAGE
    /usr/doc/$PACKAGE-$VERSION
    /usr/share/doc/$PACKAGE

or

    /usr/share/doc/packages/$PACKAGE

Thus it's independent from the distribution using RPM and documentation
will always end up at the right place.

> Also, any ideas on how to have distutils generate such lines?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the distutils ;-(

--
Linux Frechet 2.2.16 #1 Wed Sep 20 19:11:23 GMT 2000 i686 unknown
 11:33am  up 26 days, 16:08,  4 users,  load average: 1.10, 1.04, 1.01