[XML-SIG] DOM API conundrum

Thu, 23 Nov 2000 22:54:31 +0100

>   As I'm working on the API documentation, I'm finding that I'd like
> to document the nice, Pythonic interface and not the accessors.  Is
> there anyone who would have problems if I deprecate the accessors in
> the documentation, and encourage direct access to the attributes?

I'm in favour of advocating the "native attributes" API, but I don't
see to deprecate the accessor functions. If you document minidom, it
may be reasonable not to mention them at all. However, "deprecate" to
me means "may not be available in future versions". I don't see any
reason to remove them from 4DOM, or discourage users from using them
there, when they feel more comfortable with calling functions (as they
may have learned from Java).

Regards,
Martin