[XML-SIG] XML to Object translation

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:57:34 +0100

Alexandre Fayolle wrote:

> Maybe you should check 4ODS, which is in the latest 4Suite release. It
> uses the Object Definition Language from the ODMG. So mabe what you need
> is a way to describe the ODL in XML, which should not be difficult.

Hmm, that would be a possibility... looking at the www.odmg.org
site there's also an article about "Using XML as an Object Interchange
Format" which might be interesting (haven't read it yet).

OTOH, I think what Lars had in mind was to convert existing XML
into Python objects. This doesn't handle the other way around
but would provide some very useful technology to read XML data
from various sources into Python for further processing.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg