Status of pyXML for python 1.5.2 (was Re: [XML-SIG] 4DOM Test Suite not in PYXML.)

Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:27:24 +0100

> I've lost track of whether it's supposed to be in the pyXML
> package or not.  SInce we're now talking about maintaining a
> python 1.5.2-compatible version for some time, I suggest
> that this parser be put back into the package, for the
> benefit of people like me whose code uses it.
>
> What do you think?

Is that version of xmllib still maintained? I don't see the Python
1.5.2 compatibility issue here - Python 1.5.2 does have xmllib, just
as Python 2.0 does.

I'd rather not add unmaintained software back into the
distribution. Is there a problem to directly use sgmlop? Or,
alternatively, to incorporate the version of xmllib into your
application (preferably under a different name)?

Regards,
Martin