[XML-SIG] Entity tralation in XSLT

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:47:57 -0700

> > Oh, it seems you won't even need to bother.  The solution is simple.
> > =

> > If you just want text, use the text output method
> > =

> > Just add =

> > =

> > <xsl:output method=3D"text"/>
> =

> I already had that...  =

Hmm.  Then _nothing_ should be escaped.

[uogbuji@borgia /tmp]$ cat foo.xml =

<magic>Xyzzy!</magic>
[uogbuji@borgia /tmp]$ cat foo.xslt =

<?xml version=3D"1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl=3D"http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" versio=
n=3D"1.0">
<xsl:output method=3D'text'/>
<xsl:template match=3D"/">
&lt;MAGIC&gt;=3D<xsl:value-of select=3D"//magic"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>
[uogbuji@borgia /tmp]$ 4xslt foo.xml foo.xslt =

<MAGIC>=3DXyzzy!
[uogbuji@borgia /tmp]$ =

> BTW: I've also made (good :) specfiles for PyXML and 4Suite if anyone i=
s interested
> (both can be found in Rawhide: ftp://ftp.redhat.com/rawhide/i386/RedHat=
/RPMS  )

Wow.  Are you guys looking to move PyXML and 4Suite into the Red Hat dist=
ro?

BTW, it will be interesting to compare your spec files to those produced =
by =

distutils.  It might help improve distutils.

-- =

Fourthought, Inc.                         http://Fourthought.com =