[XML-SIG] Question re: 4DOM dom.ext.Printer

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:47:24 -0700

> The server is sending out what appears to me to be badly formed XML:
> it is leading with
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'>
>
> My handy-dandy little XML Pocket Reference (O'Reilly) tells me that
> processing instructions should be closed with a '?':
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
>
> In order to get the code to emit this trailing '?', I had to edit
> xml/dom/ext/Printer.py:176 and change the self.stream.write statement.
> Was this indeed incorrect behavior & is the change correct?
>
> I'm using xml/dom from 4Suite-0.9.1, which is the latest release.

Yes, this was a silly bug in 4Suite 0.9.1 that we fixed a while back and
released a patch for, but of course there's no way you could have known that.

Aside: we really need to get a bug tracker going one of these days.

You fix is right on.  We have begun packaging a 4Suite update with a _lot_ of
improvements, including this and many other bug fixes.

Note that since you said you were using 4DOM from 4Suite rather than from
PyXML, you might want to join the 4Suite mailing list, where we released the
bug report and fix.