[XML-SIG] Question re: 4DOM dom.ext.Printer

Titus Brown titus@caltech.edu
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 23:16:43 -0800

Hi,

I'm in the process of updating Christian Scholz's Python DAV server
(comlounge.net/webdav/) to work with the latest 4Suite release,
and I am using Greg Stein's 'davtest.py' to run through a series
of code tests.

The server is sending out what appears to me to be badly formed XML:
it is leading with

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'>

My handy-dandy little XML Pocket Reference (O'Reilly) tells me that
processing instructions should be closed with a '?':

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

In order to get the code to emit this trailing '?', I had to edit
xml/dom/ext/Printer.py:176 and change the self.stream.write statement.
Was this indeed incorrect behavior & is the change correct?

I'm using xml/dom from 4Suite-0.9.1, which is the latest release.

cheers,
--titus

P.S. I'm doing this partly to learn my way around Python's XML utilities,
so my apologies if this is a naive question...