[XML-SIG] XML serialization / marshalling via DTD

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 20:44:40 +0200

> WHAT WE NEED IS THIS MECHANISM, JUST AS IT IS IN JAVA XML =
SERIALIZATION
> CODE, TO PROVIDE AUTOMATED SER/DESER USING THE EXISTING FOUNDATIONAL =
WORK OF
> SAX, DOM, AND PLUGGABLE PARSERS, SO THAT WE MAY LEVERAGE ALL THE =
BENEFITS OF
> OO REUSE THROUGH THE CONSUMING TECHNOLOGIES OF RPC, PERSISTANCE, ETC.

if you had bothered to look before you started shouting at me,
you might have noticed that xmlrpclib.py and soaplib.py provide
generic marshalling code for python data structures.

but since "reuse" obviously means "inventing yet another wheel"
in your dictionary, I can only wish you good luck.

over and out /F