[XML-SIG] SAX 2.0: Main open issues

17 May 2000 11:47:10 +0200

* Andrew M. Kuchling

| Tests are useful to people hacking on the code, too, since they can
| re-run them to verify that their changes haven't broken anything.
| Unless the test suites are incredibly huge (several megabytes), or
| unless they contain proprietary information (old customer documents
| that tripped bugs), I'd say check them in.

Then I will do that once I have something that's approaching stability.
The SAX tests don't need to be so big, since we're testing the drivers
rather than the parsers.

I also have some test suites (several, in fact) for xmlproc, and they
are

  command-line interface:    52k
  using James Clark's stuff: 175k
  API tests:                 45k
  using my own stuff:        2030k

What say ye? Should this, or parts of it, go in? I'll make it
available separately, anyway.

There is and will be nothing proprietary in any of these.

| Test suites wouldn't actually be installed into site-packages,
| though.

Sounds good to me.

--Lars M.