[XML-SIG] fast dump/restore of an XML document?

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Tue, 16 May 2000 21:24:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Anthony Baxter wrote:
> > xml.utils.qp_xml parses XML into a very lightweight structure. Those
> > should be easily pickle-able. With a little bit of work, I bet they could
> > be marshalled.
> >
> > It definitely isn't a solution out of the box, but (IMO) it is a great
> > head start on a Pythonic structure that is easily marshalled/pickled.
>
> Hm - when I use qp_xml, I get
>
>   File "/opt/python/lib/python1.5/site-packages/xml/utils/qp_xml.py", line 144, in parse
>     p.Parse(input, 1)
>   File "/opt/python/lib/python1.5/site-packages/xml/utils/qp_xml.py", line 88, in start
>     name = attrs[i]
> KeyError: 0

Oh... this is caused by the API change to pyexpat. How damn annoying.

All righty, then. I just checked in some changes to qp_xml to fix this
problem, among others.

Please grab a new copy from anon-cvs, or download it from:

   http://www.lyra.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xml/xml/utils/qp_xml.py

Cheers,
-g

--