[XML-SIG] SAX drivers comparison (PyXML 0.54).

15 May 2000 13:15:14 +0200

* Stefane Fermigier

| What I find most annoying is the fact that no one of the 3 drivers
| that work [...] give the same result (<num> bytes written by a
| trivial document handler.

Strangely, this does not match my results, which were run on the code
currently in the CVS tree on Linux with Python 1.5.1.

!!! xml.sax.drivers.drv_sgmlop Error No parsers found
!!! xml.sax.drivers.drv_pyexpat Error No parsers found
!!! xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmltok Error No parsers found
Parser: xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmlproc, time: 3.286604, 2877 bytes written.
!!! xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmltoolkit Error No parsers found
Parser: xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmllib, time: 5.625473, 2877 bytes written.
!!! xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmldc Error No parsers found

I don't have pyexpat on that machine, mainly because the makefile
seems to make some assumptions about file structure that are not
correct, and I don't have the time to fix that now.

However, xmlproc and xmllib are in perfect agreement here, as I would
expect them to be. Could you try with the code from the CVS tree as
well and see what happens?

| (and I had to change
| /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/xml/sax/drivers/drv_sgmlop.py line
| 76 so that sgmlop works, maybe that was a mistake ?)

Line 76 is

    return Parser()

in the CVS tree.  What is wrong with that?

--Lars M.