[XML-SIG] namespace headache

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Tue, 02 May 2000 11:51:34 -0500

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> I'm not smart enough to figure that out from the specification,
> my intuition says "no namespace", and so does James Clark's
> namespace note (http://www.jclark.com/xml/xmlns.htm) where

Your intuition is right.

> (and no, I really have to be able to use xmllib, to make sure
> soaplib.py works under an off-the-shelf Python distribution...)

You'll have to fix xmllib then. Attributes without prefixes have no
namespace. They neither inherit their namespace nor use the default
namespace.

It's difficult to extract sense from strings, but they're the only
communication coin we can count on.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html