[XML-SIG] B2B e-Commerce Solution for the Chemicals Community

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:34:27 -0500 (EST)

python.org mailing lists have been getting hit with more spam
recently.  For example, this most recent spam sidesteps Mailman's spam
checking because it actually listed xml-sig@python.org in the To:
header.  It was sent through an open relay in Japan (IP address
210.136.121.2), though not one currently listed in the ORBS or RBL.

In any case, the fix is to improve the spam detection, whether in
Mailman or on python.org, and I'll talk to Barry about it.  Closing
off the list is not a solution, particularly since we have
contributors who use several different e-mail addresses; I'm not going
to resort to that just yet.

What on earth is less likely than *two* committees to produce a seamless web
of anything but intrigue and deficit? Who said "three committees"?
  -- Stan Kelly-Bootle, _The Computer Contradictionary_