[XML-SIG] Expat module landing in CVS tree

Ken MacLeod ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us
29 Mar 2000 15:27:12 -0600

"Andrew M. Kuchling" <akuchlin@mems-exchange.org> writes:

> Paul Prescod wound up rewriting the module to support all of Expat's
> features, but the interface is still basically the same, and not
> very SAXish.  I think in subsequent follow-ups it was decided to
> leave the Expat module as it was, and add SAX in Python code on top
> of the C extension.

Just a minor note: someone may still want to come back later and
implement the SAX layer/wrapper in C, just for performance.  Expat's
"native" API will probably still be faster because it's "tuned" that
way.

  -- Ken