[XML-SIG] 4Suite Docs?

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:06:50 -0700

> I've fooled around a bit with 4DOM, but have felt hampered due to the
> lack of any documentation -- at least any that I'm able to discover.
>
> Am I missing a treasure trove of docs somewhere?
>
> With something like 140 source files in 4Suite, reading the source
> isn't really an option for getting started.

I'm sorry for just getting to this.

There isn't much particular documentation for 4Suite.  Since we try to stay
close to the official specs in all cases, this is, unfortunately, for now the
documentation we recommend.

For 4DOM, see http://www.w3.org/DOM/ and specifically
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2/

For 4XPath see http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath

For 4XSLT see http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt

The good news is that we just added a few people to the team who can help
catch us up in all the areas we're lagging:  Windows binaries, cleaner build
and packaging, better documentation and examples, etc.

--
Uche Ogbuji
Fourthought, Inc., IT Consultants