[XML-SIG] Proposal: Marrying SAX2 and DOM

15 Mar 2000 11:25:00 +0100

* Paul Prescod

| Here are the basic ideas:
|
|  * handlers pass DOM nodes. (a la "Marrying" and Pyxie)
|  * all parent nodes are available (not really that expensive usually)
|  * peer and child nodes are not typically available
|  * callbacks are labelled with *full XPaths* (a la XSLT)
| 	 * abuses "docstrings" (a la "spark")

This sounds absolutely brilliant.  I was inspired by Spark myself, but
hadn't thought of combining this with passing DOM nodes.  I'm
definitely behind this, and don't think I'll continue with my own
ezsax, since this sounds so much better.

Once we get a closer look at the thing it will probably be possible to
provide more detailed comments, but for now I can just say that I
think this is exactly what we need.

--Lars M.